Saturday, November 24th, 2018
Niagara IceDogs (13-6-4-0 | 30 pts) vs Hamilton Bulldogs (10-12-1-0 | 21 pts) 4:00 pm.
10 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TODAY’S GAME |
Organized by: Jordyn Moussa, Social Media and Sales Coordinator
1) The IceDogs hit the road down the QEW to take on the Hamilton Bulldogs in game 2 of the K-9 Cup Challenge! The IceDogs currently have a 1-0 series lead following a 6-3 win last week.
2) Recently acquired Robertson and Paquette have made an immediate impact, with both plays collecting their first points as IceDogs.
3) Robertson enters this game riding a 9-game point streak, with 9 goals and 12 assists (21 points). Phil Tomasino enters this game riding a 7-game point streak, having collected 11 points (6 goals, 5 assists).
4) Robertson is one goal behind Tye Felhaber, the leading goal scorer this season, with 23 thus far. 9 of his goals have been scored on the powerplay, to lead the league. He has 41 points on the season, ranking third in the league.
5) With his two goals last night, Kirill Maksimov now has 13 goals, 7 of which coming on the powerplay, ranking third in the league.
6) Starting goaltender, Stephen Dhillon, is expected to get the nod between the pipes tonight against Hamilton. He ranks 7th amongst all goalies in the league that have played at least 10 games this season, with a goals against average of 2.73, and save percentage of .917.
7) The IceDogs have the 8th ranked away powerplay, with 21.1% efficiency, and the 19th ranked away penalty kill, with an 68.1% efficiency rating.
8) The Bulldogs’ home power play ranks 10th with 23.1% efficiency, while their away penalty kill is ranked 16th with 76.3% efficiency.
9) Grimsby native, and over-age forward, Brandon Saigeon leads the Bulldogs with 37 points this season (16 goals, 21 assists).
10) The IceDogs’ powerplay will need to keep an eye on Saigeon, who fifth in the league in shorthanded goals (3).
Today’s game will be broadcast live on 610 CKTB, and YourTV Niagara. OHL Live will be streaming the game online. For all in-game updates, follow @OHLIceDogs on Twitter!
We know the ‘Dogs can score, but can they grow a Mo? The Movember Foundation is the only global charity focused solely on men’s health, so this Movember the Niagara IceDogs are trying their hand at growing some early season facial hair. We’re raising funds to tackle some of the biggest health issues faced by men: prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and poor mental health. Help us stop men dying too young, donate to our Movember campaign.
The ‘Dogs come back to town on Thursday November 29th against the Owen Sound Attack. The Shoebox Project will be taking donations at all entrances at the game. Bring new toiletries and other items to help provide for Niagara area women in need! Take advantage of our $10 Fall Thursday deal. For every Thursday night game in November and December, we are making hockey more easily accessible with $10 tickets in our Value section (sections 108-111)!
Tickets can still be purchased online HERE, or in person at the following locations:
IceDogs Meridian Centre Offices 905-687-3641
Meridian Centre Box Office
Pen Centre Customer Service
Seaway Mall Customer Service