Thursday, November 15th, 2018
Niagara IceDogs (10-6-3-0 | 23 pts) vs Hamilton Bulldogs (10-9-0-1 | 21 pts) 7:00 pm.
10 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TONIGHT’S GAME – PRESENTED BY GREAT CLIPS
Organized by: Jordyn Moussa, Social Media and Sales Coordinator
1) The IceDogs open this weekend’s games at home against the Hamilton Bulldogs.
2) Tonight marks the first game against the Bulldogs this season, following last seasons’ Eastern Conference Semi-Final playoff series.
3) Last season against the Bulldogs, Ben Jones had 11 points (6goals, 5 assists). Jones had at least one point per game.
4) Akil Thomas leads the IceDogs with 27 points in 17 games.
5) Kirill Maksimov leads the IceDogs with 11 goals on the season. Kyen Sopa follows closely with 9.
6) Starting goaltender, Stephen Dhillon, is expected to get the nod between the pipes tonight against Hamilton. Amongst goaltenders who have played 10 or more games, Dhillon ranks seventh, with a goals against average of 2.67, and save percentage of .920.
7) The IceDogs have the 11th ranked home powerplay, with 19.5% efficiency, and the 6th ranked home penalty kill, with an 86.7% efficiency rating.
8) The Bulldogs’ away power play ranks 1st with 32.5% efficiency, while their away penalty kill is ranked 14th with 76.1% efficiency.
9) Grimsby native Brandon Saigeon ranks 5th in total league points with 34, 3 of which coming shorthanded.
10) Hamilton’s Arthur Kaliyev is ranked third in the league with 7 powerplay goals on the season.
Limited tickets remain for tonight’s game against the Bulldogs. Pick up yours before they sell out!
Tickets can still be purchased online HERE, or in person at the following locations:
IceDogs Meridian Centre Offices 905-687-3641
Meridian Centre Box Office
Pen Centre Customer Service
Seaway Mall Customer Service