The Niagara IceDogs fell to the London Knights by a score of 5-3 at the Gatorade Garden City Complex on Saturday night, tying the series up at one game apiece.
The first period saw the IceDogs get out to a great start as Andrew Agozzino would open the scoring on the powerplay 5:14 in to give the IceDogs a 1-0 lead. Agozzino would follow that up with a second powerplay goal just over ten minutes later to extend the Niagara lead to 2-0. The lead would be cut to one just minutes later as London found the scoreboard to make it 2-1 heading into the first intermission. Shots in the period favoured Niagara 11-10.
The second period saw London tie the game up early in the frame and then take their first lead of the series before the five minute mark, making it 3-2. London would score again on the powerplay to stretch the lead to 4-2, before Agozzino would complete the hat trick to cut the defecit to 4-3 after 40 minutes.
The third period would see the IceDogs mount a great deal of pressure as they pressed to tie the game up, but Houser would be up to the task, shutting the door on numerous occassions before London would find the empty net with only seconds remaining to make it a 5-3 final. Final shots were 42-24 for the IceDogs.
With the series now tied at 1-1, things shift back to London for game three Monday night. Fans can catch all the action live on TVCogeco or the online stream at GiantFM.com.
1. NIAG A. Agozzino, (9) (R. Strome, F. Hamilton), 5:14 (PP)
1. NIAG A. Agozzino, (10) (D. Hamilton, R. Strome), 16:09 (PP)
1. LDN J. Tinordi, (3) (S. Griffith, V. Namestnikov), 17:59
2. LDN R. Rupert, (6) , 1:46
2. LDN R. Rupert, (7) (M. Rupert), 4:28
2. LDN O. Maatta, (6) (M. Domi, J. Knight), 13:31 (PP)
2. NIAG A. Agozzino, (11) (D. Pacan, B. Beukeboom), 16:26
3. LDN R. Rupert, (8) (G. McKegg), 19:52 (EN)