January 27th, 2019
Niagara IceDogs (29-10-7-0 | 65 pts) @ Windsor Spitfires (20-25-2-1 | 43 pts) 1:00 pm
10 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TONIGHT’S GAME
Organized by: Jordyn Moussa, Social Media and Sales Coordinator
1) The IceDogs cap off the weekend with a Sunday matinee in Windsor to face former IceDog Colton Incze and the Spitfires.
2) The IceDogs are looking to break 2 season losing streak in Windsor. Last season, the season series between these two teams with each winning their home game.
3) Akil Thomas is currently riding a 8-game point streak, having collected 10 goals and 11 assists since January 10th.
4) The IceDogs come into this game on a 5-game win streak, including a 4-3 win over the Sarnia Sting last night.
5) Jason Robertson’s 75 points on the season, ranks 5th in the league. Akil Thomas’ 44 assists on the year rank 3rd in the league, and Ben Jones’ 43 assists ranks 5th.
6) The IceDogs have the 10th ranked away powerplay, with 21.4% efficiency, and the 17th ranked away penalty kill, with an 75% efficiency rating. Jason Robertson is dominating the league in powerplay points, leading with 14 goals and 2nd with 23 assists on the man advantage.
7) The Spitfires’ home power play ranks 14th with a 19.5% efficiency, while their home penalty kill is ranked 2nd with 87.2% efficiency.
8) Windsor is led on the scoresheet by Daniel D’Amico (41 pts), and Cole Purboo (40 pts).
9) The IceDogs are likely to face Kari Piiroinen between the pipes this afternoon, who has a 4.32 goals against average, and a save percentage of .870.
10) This season, starting goaltender Stephen Dhillon ranks 2nd with 25 wins on the season, including 3 shutouts.
The ‘Dogs come back to town on January 31st, against the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds!
Tickets for Thursday’s game can be purchased online HERE, or in person at the following locations:
IceDogs Meridian Centre Offices 905-687-3641
Meridian Centre Box Office
Pen Centre Customer Service
Seaway Mall Customer Service