Friday, November 30th, 2018
Niagara IceDogs (14-7-4-0 | 32 pts) vs Kitchener Rangers (12-12-2-0 | 26 pts) 7:30 pm.
10 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TODAY’S GAME
Organized by: Jordyn Moussa, Social Media and Sales Coordinator
1) The IceDogs are on the road tonight, following last nights’ 6-1 win at home, to visit the Rangers in their lone game in Kitchener this season.
2) Last season, the IceDogs were defeated in both games they played against the Rangers.
3) Robertson enters this game riding an 11-game point streak, with 11 goals and 15 assists (26 points).
4) Robertson is one goal behind Tye Felhaber, the leading goal scorer this season, with 25 thus far. 10 of his goals have been scored on the powerplay, to lead the league. He has 46 points on the season, ranking fourth in the league.
5) Jacob Paquette has one point in all three games he has dressed in as an IceDog.
6) Starting goaltender, Stephen Dhillon, is expected to get the nod between the pipes tonight against the Rangers. He ranks 6th amongst all goalies in the league that have played at least 15 games this season, with a goals against average of 2.76, and save percentage of .917.
7) The IceDogs have the 11th ranked away powerplay, with 19.6% efficiency, and the 19th ranked away penalty kill, with an 69.1% efficiency rating.
8) The Rangers’ home power play ranks 11th with 22.2% efficiency, while their home penalty kill is ranked 15th with 77.8% efficiency.
9) Kitchener’s powerplay is proving to be a threat. Johnathan Yantsis ranks third in the league with 8 goals with the man advantage this season, while Joseph Garreffa has 12 powerplay assists.
10) The IceDogs are likely to face Luke Richardson between the pipes, who has posted a goals against average of 3.63 and a save percentage of .891.
Tonight’s game will be broadcast live on 610 CKTB, and OHL Live will be streaming the game online. For all in-game updates, follow @OHLIceDogs on Twitter!
After two away games against Kitchener and Hamilton this weekend, the ‘Dogs come back to town on Thursday December 6th against the Saginaw Spirit.
Take advantage of our $10 Fall Thursday deal! For every Thursday night game in November and December, we are making hockey more easily accessible with $10 tickets in our Value section (sections 108-111).
The next home game after, on Saturday December 8th, will be our annual Teddy Bear Toss! At this game against the North Bay Battalion, fans can bring new or gently used stuffed animals and throw them onto the ice when the ‘Dogs score their first goal of the game. The teddies will then be donated to the Niagara Regional Police Association and Victim Services.
Tickets can still be purchased online HERE, or in person at the following locations:
IceDogs Meridian Centre Offices 905-687-3641
Meridian Centre Box Office
Pen Centre Customer Service
Seaway Mall Customer Service