January 10th, 2019
Niagara IceDogs (23-9-6-0 | 52 pts) vs Guelph Storm (20-12-3-4 | 47 pts) 7:00 pm.
10 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TONIGHT’S GAME
Organized by: Jordyn Moussa, Social Media and Sales Coordinator
1) The Guelph Storm make their first and only visit to the Meridian Centre tonight of the season.
2) The IceDogs’ lineup will be looking quite different tonight, with the return of Daniel Bukac and Jason Robertson, and the addition of Jack Studnicka and Matt Brassard. It is unknown if Kyen Sopa will be making his return from injury tonight.
3) Jason Robertson returns to action riding a 16 game point streak, having collected 40 points (17 goals, 23 assists).
4) Kirill Maksimov continues to rank second, behind Jason Robertson (13), with 12 powerplay goals this season. Maksimov’s 26 goals on the season leads the team.
5) Stephen Dhillon is expected to get the start on the road this evening. Dhillon ranks 7th amongst all OHL goaltenders, who have played at least 20 games, with a goals against average of 2.94 and a save percentage of .911. He has 20 wins on the season, including two shutouts, ranking third in the league.
6) The IceDogs have the 1st ranked home powerplay, with 29.9% efficiency, and the 17th ranked home penalty kill, with an 73.6% efficiency rating.
7) The Storm’s away power play ranks 5th with a 22.7% efficiency, while their away penalty kill is also ranked 2nd with 83.5% efficiency.
8) Guelph has made significant changes to their roster, acquiring Nick Suzuki, Sean Durzi, Fedor Gordeev, Mackenzie Entwistle, Pavel Gogolev and Marcus Philips.
9) The Storm are led on the scoresheet by Nate Schnarr (56 points). Schnarr’s 34 assists ranks 5th in the league.
10) Tonight’s game will feature 18 NHL drafted players, with 9 on each roster.
Tickets can still be purchased for tonight’s game online HERE, or in person at the following locations:
IceDogs Meridian Centre Offices 905-687-3641
Meridian Centre Box Office
Pen Centre Customer Service
Seaway Mall Customer Service